December 5, 2012 - Press Release
Gazzang, the Linux data security company, today launched Gazzang zOps™, a SaaS solution for monitoring the health of an organization’s Linux environment and its data. Gazzang zOps delivers granular detail about a customer’s zNcrypt™ and zTrustee™ security solutions as well as Linux operating system performance, alerting IT staff of critical security and system events.
As Linux continues to gain prominence in the enterprise, organizations need reliable, purpose-built tools that are designed for highly distributed big data and cloud environments. In addition to gathering and responding to diagnostics detail related to invalid login attempts, key rotations and retrievals, zOps provides a complete view into events such as encryption transactions and read/write times to ensure high availability and prevent unauthorized activity. This information can also be used to determine compliance with strict data security standards such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, EU Data Privacy and other regulatory guidelines.
zOps features include:
- Real-time monitoring and alerts provide immediate insight into security incidents and other key performance indicators
- Live interactive dashboards enable users to respond to trends, spikes and anomalies as they occur
- Indexed data pulls from multiple cloud vendors including Amazon and Rackspace and diverse technologies to provide a holistic view
- Web-based, mobile-ready solution offers an intuitive user interface and ease of installation, allowing organizations to get up and running fast
- MapReduce framework makes it seamless to scale across multiple physical and cloud-based servers
“The IT landscape is littered with general-purpose measurement and monitoring tools that often miss some of the most critical security warning signs, and when a security event does pop up, it may be too late to take care of the issue,” said Larry Warnock, CEO of Gazzang. “zOps is purpose-built to monitor your encrypted data, crypto keys, certificates, configuration files and any failed attempts by users to access these objects. This type of detail is directly related to the health of your data and can mean the difference between a secure environment and one that’s at risk.”
Gazzang provides Linux data security solutions and operational diagnostics that help enterprises protect sensitive information and maintain performance in big data and cloud environments. Gazzang is backed by Austin Ventures and Silver Creek Ventures. For more information, visit www.gazzang.com.